[sork] ldap bug report

eculp@encontacto.net eculp@encontacto.net
Thu Nov 14 16:55:47 2002

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

 | We've received the following bug report.  Can anyone using ldap confirm
 | or deny this?  Any ideas at all welcome...
 |
 | ----
 | When using the passwd module, I've noticed, that if I change a passwd, and
 | log
 | out and then log back in, it will change my passwd correctly, but If I go to
 | change it again, it says the my old passwd was incorrect.  Now I beleive
 | that
 | this happens due to a bug in the php crypt function, if you dont give it a
 | salt
 | it creates it's own, I've found that if it creates it's own, it usually uses
 | really long salt, when it needs to use a 2 byte salt.  The way that I got
 | around
 | this was by editing ldap.php in the /var/www/horde/passwd/lib/Driver
 | directory
 | and change line 114 to give it's own 2byte random salt like so
 | $change_info["userPassword"] = "{crypt}" . crypt($newPassword,
 | 'rand()rand()');
I got a bit confused with your logout's and in's so I did the following
just to be sure:

  In the head version, about an hour old, I logged in went to the passwd
  module and changed my password successfully, I then used that password
  to change it again successfully, logged out and logged in with the last
  password without any problem. I then changed it back to the original
  successfully, logged out and back in without a problem.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

ed

P.S. Again this is the head version.