[sork] vacation overwriting .forward

Derek J. Balling dredd@megacity.org
Tue Nov 26 19:37:16 2002

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 01:40  PM, Björn Hansson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have used Horde/IMP for a year or so, and today I installed vacation =

> - great
> piece of software the whole Horde-kit!
>
> Two users at my site already had a .forward (to use spamassassin via =

> procmail),
> and when they used vacation, it overwrote their .forward file. Are
> there any
> solution to this? Could the vacationprogram just append to the
> .forwardfile, or
> is there some problem I do not see? :)

One solution to this problem might be:

setting vacation:

	if (exists .forward) {
		rename .forward .forward.orig
		send .vacation_forward as .forward
	}

unsetting vacation:

	remove .forward
	if (exists .forward.orig)
	{
		rename .forward.orig .forward
	}

I would NOT try to do "appending" as it complicates the existing logic
(just a straight FTP) too much. (you have to get the original, try to
parse the arguments to the existing .forward, etc. etc., and then undo
that when unsetting it)