[sork] Problem about file .forward

Lars Hecking lhecking at nmrc.ie
Fri Dec 6 17:08:31 2002

Matteo writes:
> >You need to check whether sendmail allows .forward files, where it looks
>  >for them, and whether they are in safe (non-group or world writable
> > directories).
>
> Thank you for replay first at all, but where I must to do it ???
> Where I check if sendmail do forward of .forward files ???
> And this file .forward at what gourp must be ?? and what own must be ??

 /usr/share/sendmail-cf/README

 In /etc/sendmail.cf, you should see something like

# Forward file search path
O ForwardPath=$z/.forward.$w:$z/.forward

 where $z is the user's home dir, and $w the local hostname. .forward files
 are owned by the resp. user.

 If all looks ok, you need to check the mail logs carefully.