[sork] Clicking 'Submit' vs. pressing return.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 12 20:15:31 PST 2002

Quoting Christopher Crowley <ccrowley@tulane.edu>:

> <?php define('ACCOUNTS_VERSION', '2.0') ?>

Pretty current, but there is a 2.0.1 release.

> <?php define('PASSWD_VERSION', '2.0') ?>

You want the 2.1 version.

> (I am also using Vacation and Forwards, but they didn't have
> version.php files.  I believe they are 2.0.)

You want the 2.1 version of those.

> In vacation and forward, if a user presses return instead of clicking
> 'Submit' the requested changes are not made, and they are returned to
> the page with the "Success message."

Okay, in vacation 2.1, it neither sets the vacation, nor returns any messages
(no success message).  In forwards 2.1, it acts as expected.

In CVS HEAD, vacation and forward act more as expected, although I still want
to add more javascript checks to them ala passwd.

> I received a few strange
> reports about people not being able to remove or set a forward, which
> I had dismissed as a usage problem.  But, after working through this
> issue with a departmental co-worker, we discovered the difference was
> that he was pressing return instead of clicking 'Submit'.

This error was never reported before.  None the less it appears to be
fixed in 2.1.

> If this has been previously reported, sorry for the duplicate post.

Nope, first report of it (amazingly enough).

> Also sorry that I haven't written a patch. But I am not keep
> up-to-date on CVS, so things may be completely different there.

Not up to date on releases either...