[sork] passwd and md5 in CVS HEAD

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Tue Dec 17 18:33:03 PST 2002

> > I agree with this approach.
>
> What ever is done, be sure to document it in the passwd/docs/INSTALL file.

Ok, here is the patch.  I've changed

lib/Driver.php (split the md5 case into two: md5-hex and md5-base64)

lib/Driver/ldap.php (restored it to the original)

config/backends.php.dist
(added the supported types for encryption/hashing including the md5-hex and
md5-base64 encryption/hashing types  I also added alot of comments about how to
pick the right one)

docs/INSTALL
(I updated the ldap docs to list all of the encryption types supported.  also
removed some incorrect information.  In addition I added a SQL section and
explained when to use md5-hex)

Please let me know if i left anything out and please test - especially you Mike C :)

Thanks
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: md5.patch
Type: application/octet-stream