[sork] passwd problem, blank display

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 3 09:14:38 PST 2003

Quoting Admin-Stress <meerkapot at yahoo.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I installed Horde 2.2, imp 3.1, passwd 2.1 under RedHat 8.0

Using what driver? Poppassd?

Are you using an imap proxy program or anything?

> Horde + imp is working fine, but here is the passwd problem:
>
>    After I changed the password, I clicked logout, then log back in,
>    I got blank display, only "Welcome, <username> .... logout"

Look at the html source and see if there are any errors or clues there.
Also look at your system log files, and web server logs.

> You can see the screen shot in the attachment.

It didn't make it through to the list.

> What could that be the problem?

Sounds like a problem outside of passwd, or with a cache maybe?  Not sure.

> If I open a new browser, the changed password was ok, I can log in normally.

Most strange.

There should be a new version of passwd out soon which will remove the need
to logout and login again.  You might want to wait for that, or try the
release candidate for it.  But of course you shouldn't have to do that --
the 2.1 release should work fine.