[sork] ANNOUNCEMENT: New Sork Releases!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 12 10:05:10 PST 2003

Quoting Lars Hecking <lhecking at nmrc.ie>:

>  The ^M problem is still there (the vacation messages have DOS-style
>  line endings instead of UNIX style, which fscks up the headers in
>  the vacation notices sent).

Yes, this problem has never been diagnosed/fixed properly.  There is a
work around, but no solution.

>  If I ftp a text file from localhost to localhost in ASCII mode, this
>  does not happen, so I presume that the local ftp/ftpd are not the
>  problem.

I believe that is correct.

Just a note to the list members, not to Lars specifically:

It is nice that in 2 months of asking for testing and then providing
release candidates, only 2 people tested it and reported back to me. But
within a day of releasing a new version 10 people test it and report back.
I guess I might as well skip the testing stage next time...

If we want stable releases, someone is going to have to step up to
help test, comment on, or even question the release candidates in the
future...