[sork] Can vacation work with qmail?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 12 16:05:11 PST 2003

Quoting Geoffrey Moody <moody at ivygroup.com>:

> I have qmail set up using .qmail files in a virtual server configuration.
> Does vacation support qmail with .qmail files or just .forward files?

I don't use qmail, so all I can tell you is what is in the docs;

QMAIL NOTES:
The qmail driver is not well tested.  To use it you must have installed
Peter Samuel's qmail-vacation program (from e-smith).

The driver tries to set the mode (permissions) on the file, but this may or
may not work.  This may be significant, if your ftp server sets strange
permissions and we can't change them, as qmail will not work right with the
wrong permissions...

You should also be able to use the "forwards" driver if you install a
dot-forward patch to qmail.  But the qmail driver should work without
any patches or packges being added to qmail.