[sork] Passwd, vpopmail and mysql

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Feb 12 16:33:52 PST 2003

Quoting Paul Hamby <paulh at zeecon.com>:

> Hello,
>
>      I have a new working installation on Mandrake 9 of horde 2.2, imp 3.1
> and vpopmail 5.2.1 with mysql 3.23.52 doing the authentication and storing
> preferences. I installed passwd 2.2 and received the error Fatal error: Call
> to undefined function: getdriverconfig() in
> /var/www/html/horde/passwd/lib/Driver/vpopmail.php on line 43.
>     I applied the patch posted by Eric, and am no longer receiving that
> error

So far so, good. :)

> but I am still unable to change passwords. I have the backends.php
> configured to talk with my sql server (and it is doing so) and I have the
> encryption set to 'md5-hex' (is this correct?).

I have no idea what is the correct encryption for vpopmail.  The default
is 'crypt' so I would guess that it should be 'crypt' unless you changed
it for your setup.

> When I try to change the
> password it gives me the error "Failure in changing password : Incorect
> Password".

Could be because of the wrong encryption type being used.  I'd try
to verify that first.

Could also be something else (like realm conflicts, etc).

> I have tried everything I can think of and have searched the list,
> but I'm stumped.

I'm hoping the author of the vpopmail driver will step in here and help
you...