[sork] Passwd, vpopmail and mysql

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Wed Feb 12 19:21:37 PST 2003

>From what I know, I think most things use md5-base64. MySQL seems to be the only
thing that uses hex encoding (in the md5() function).  I would create a test
account (one in which you can change the password) and try with both encodings.
 If something doesn't work, you can reset the password using PHP's md5()
function or the script that I'm attaching (needs perl and a couple perl modules
to run)

Amith