[sork] Passwd, vpopmail and mysql

Paul Hamby paulh at zeecon.com
Thu Feb 13 16:42:27 PST 2003

After trying md5-base64 and realizing that I didn't have mhash or mcrypt
compiled into php, I recompiled php with mhash and mcrypt, but I'm still
getting the same
error. I found an article in the archives
http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20021125/007337.html
concerning vpopmail's encryption and
how it is a diffierent technique, is this the 'crypt' selection in the
backends.php file? I tried that also, but with the
same result. Has this
http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/attachments/20021125/2cd7660f/vpopmail.b
in been implemented into the code? Sorry, if my questions are
little silly.
Here is a snippet from the mysql log:
030213 15:19:16     121 Connect     horde at localhost on
                    121 Init DB     horde
                    121 Init DB     horde
                    121 Query       SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value
FROM horde_prefs where pref_uid = 'paulh at pwh3.com' and (pref_scope =
'passwd'
or pref_scope = 'horde') order by pref_scope
030213 15:19:32     105 Init DB     vpopmail
                    105 Init DB     vpopmail
                    105 Query       SELECT pw_passwd FROM vpopmail WHERE
pw_name = 'paulh' AND pw_domain = 'pwh3.com'

It appears that the driver is querying the sql server properly, so it seems
that it must be encryption differences.

Here is my backends.php file:

$backends['vpopmail'] = array (
    'name' => 'vpopmail Authentication',