[sork] Incorrect LDAP search in accounts module

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 20 13:54:58 PST 2003

Quoting John Dalbec <jpdalbec at ysu.edu>:

> The LDAP backend for the accounts module tries to match the IMP login to
> the "sn" (surname) attribute.  This is wrong - what if two people have
> the same last name?

Unlikely in my (special) case.  So it worked for me. :)

> Depending on how the directory is built, you should
> search on "uid" (using the PADL migration scripts, for instance) or
> "cn".  This should probably be configurable somewhere.

Patch?  May I quote from the driver:

 * NOTE: This code is probably terrible.  I don't run ldap. I wrote
 * this simply as a template for others to start with.  If you don't
 * like the code, please fix it!  (however, it does work!)

I think that says it all...