[sork] Newest Vpopmail drivers

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 20 14:28:41 PST 2003

Quoting Paul Hamby <paulh at zeecon.com>:

> So I upgraded Horde, IMP and
> have those working again, but the
> old version of passwd gives me errors concerning gettemplatepath

You need to upgrade to a matching version of passwd.

> and the new
> version still doesn't encrypt the password
> in a format that vpopmail recognizes.

Huh?  Are you saying the tbe CVS HEAD version is broken?  Or what?

> I can give more details if necessary,

Yes, it is necessary.

> but I doubt you would like to fix the old version
> instead of the newer.

No, I'd like to fix all versions which are broken or problematic.

> So my question, is if there is work being done to
> incorporate the type of encryption used with vpopmail
>(http://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/attachments/20021125/2cd7660f/vpopmail.bin
> )into the new version of passwd.

If not, there should be.  I may just have never got around to it -- been
very busy.

> Any help I can provide, I would be more than happy to. Thank you for your
> help and responses on previous posts.

Please confirm versions you are using are right.  Then confirm if the
above patch is needed and fixes your problem.  Tbe confirm that patch
isn't in CVS HEAD or 2.2.  If you do that, I'll fix it in CVS (both
branches) and you can test it.