[sork] Vacation, blank from address

MiikaT mlist.horde at finansium.fi
Wed Feb 26 08:08:41 PST 2003

Quoting MiikaT:

>> When I first setup a vacation notice, it will work like a charm. Then I
>> disable the vacation notice and reset it. If I receive a mail to the
account
>> and it is replied by vacation, the receiver will get the vacation notice
but
>> with a blank "From" address/name.

>but then if you disable and recreate the vacation notice it responds with a
>blank from addresss?  More details please... I'm not 100% sure I understand
>the problem.

That's basically the case, here's some header examples, from vacation
replies, here it works:

To: miika at yyy.fi
Subject: On vacation message
From: Testi user <testi at xxx.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:15:22 +0200

And here it doesn't:

To: miika at yyy.fi

Looks like the the 2nd header (and the ones after that) lack the "From"
field. If I setup the vacation from shell, it will work every time. Could
this have something to do with PHP version? I have another setup with 4.1.2
which works ok, although it's with Horde 2.2. Can't really undestand, why it
works in the first place. If I disable the vacation notice, all vacation
related files are gone from user dir. I haven't setup any db backend for
vacation, as I understood it should work without one.

-MiikaT