[sork] passwd + ldap backend

Samuel GAUTIER s.gautier at unidirect.fr
Wed Feb 26 18:44:29 PST 2003

Hi there,
my ldap accounts are distributed across several OUs. I use the last stable release of the passwd module. And changing password works only if i setup the backends.php file like this :

$backends['ldap'] = array(
    'name' => 'My LDAP server',
    'preferred' => 'my.domain.org',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 3,
        'maxLength' => 8
    ),
    'driver' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'host' => 'localhost',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'dc=domain,dc=org',
        'uid' => 'uid',
        'realm' => '', // this will be appended to the username when
                       // looking for the userdn.
        'userdn' => 'uid=' . Auth::getAuth() . ',ou=Membres,dc=domain,dc=org',
        'encryption' => 'crypt'
    )
);

But it could be nice if all my users are stored into the "Membres" OU but it 's not the case !!!!
Some users are stored in:
 ou=Animateurs,dc=domain,dc=org'
or ou=People,dc=domain,dc=org'  etc ....

How can i do ? is there any patch that permits to find first the dn of the user with a ldapsearch on the entire subtrees and next changes the password ?

Please help as soon as possible !