[sork] passwd problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 4 15:55:17 PST 2003

Quoting Alessio <alessio at chevuoi.it>:

> I'm running horde 2.3, with imp 3.2 and passwd 2.2, mysql and vpopmail.
>
> When i try to change my password with passwd module, i got this notice
> "Notice: Undefined index: protocol in
> /raid/htdocs/webmail/horde/passwd/lib/Driver/vpopmail.php on line 56"

It is looking for an sql "protocol" setting in either
$conf['sql']['params'] in horde/config/conf.php (if you have such)
or in the setup you show below.

> - - - - - - - - - - - -
> $backends['vpopmail'] = array (
>     'name' => 'vpopmail Authentication',
>     'preferred' => '',
>     'password policy' => array(
>         'minLength' => 3,
>         'maxLength' => 8,
>         'maxSpace' => 0,
>         'minUpper' => 0,
>         'minLower' => 0,
>         'minNumeric' => 0
>     ),
>     'driver' => 'vpopmail',
>     'params' => array(
>         'phptype'    => 'mysql',
>         'hostspec'   => 'localhost',

Right about here (though placement isn't critical within the params array)
try adding a protocol set as needed.  For example, one of these:

          'protocol'   => 'tcp',
          'protocol'   => 'unix',

Note you only want *one* of the above, and it must match the connection
method (protocol) allowed by your database (tcp/ip or unix socket).  If
you use 'unix' you may also have to specify 'socket' and if you use
'tcp' you may also have to specify 'port' -- both are probably only needed
though if non-standard.