Fwd: Re: [sork] Help please; horde version, forwards customization

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 6 10:54:42 PST 2003

My previous two posts seem to have been truncated.  here it is again.
Maybe it will all make it this time???

----- Forwarded message from eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu -----
    Date: Thu,  6 Mar 2003 10:48:25 -0600
    From: Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>
 Subject: Re: [sork] Help please; horde version, forwards customization
      To: sork at lists.horde.org

Quoting Dorneles Treméa <dorneles at x3ng.com.br>:

> Hi all,
>
> > I'm still having trouble, since $user seems to have "@domain.com"
> > stripped from it.

In older versions, you could configure it to append the realm back on.
In newer versions, I think it passes it intact (with realm).  You can
modify the behaviour in CVS HEAD with the hooks.

> > If there's a quick answer to how to keep the full
> > login name, I'd be done (and relieved)... But this is a big step
> > in the right direction, thanks!

If you normally have the full name, then you can get it from
the Auth::getAuth() function.

> I'm reading messages from archives and found this issue...
>
> JFD[1]: Is there a way to get the full login name in passwd?
>
> I see on 'conf.php' a hook:
>
> $conf['hooks']['username'] = false;
>
> But how can I get current full login name to pass to it?

Set the hook to true. Edit horde/config/hooks.php and modify
the function _passwd_hook_username() to return what you want.
What you want to return is likely just the passed in username
with the @realm part appended.  If you have multiple realms/domains
though this gets more complicated.

----- End forwarded message -----