[sork] Vacation, Sendmail and virtual users/domains

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 8 14:16:51 PDT 2003

Quoting Jan Helge Røe <jan at karustad.no>:

> I having problem using Vacation with my virtual users in Sendmail. After
> setting the Vacation msg. I try to send a mail to the Virtual e-mailadress,
> there is no response. When I try to send mail to the useraccount
> (localusr at localhost.localhost), the Vacation complete it's task, and I get a
> response.

You need to specify the aliases for their address, and then it should work.

*BUT* I think this is broken in the release versions, and you will need to
run RELENG_2 or HEAD to get it working, *I THINK*.

I *hope* to be releasing new versions soon to fix some known bugs like this.

> Is there possible to fix this?

Install RELENG_2 version and specify the aliases in the field provided.