[sork] Using HORDE with SQL database

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 14 15:11:28 PDT 2003

Quoting Roger Navarro <rogern at navcomtt.com>:

> I have tried to setup SORK vacatiuon with my Virtual Private Server system.
> I have found that I need to use SQL for the user database to bypass errors
> thast I am getting.
>
> However I am getting the following error when I run IMP
>
> DB Error: connect failed
> [line 102 of /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]
>
> What do I need to specify to HORDE or MySQL in order to make IMP use SQL for
> the database?

This is a horde issue, not a sork issue, so it is on the wrong mailing list.

You need to check your preferences setup in horde/config/horde.php or
horde/config/conf.php (depending on your Horde version) and setup the sql
params for the preferences correctly.  You didn't provide enough info to
really help more.

Post to the Horde mailing list with more info about your setup and the
full error text and log messages.

Most likely you didn't specify the host, port, protocol or socket correctly...