[sork] password and courier-imap compatibility?

Lukas Kamps lukas at kamps.ca
Sat Apr 26 11:47:17 PDT 2003

Hello,

I am trying to setup Sork-Password to work with my Courier-Imap using MySQL.

Originally, I was using courier's userdb, but figured that was going to
be difficult to get working with Sork.  So, I switched to MySQL
authentication, and just copied the userdbpw passwords, which by default
are encrypted using crypt()  (and I have tried userdbpw -md5 as well,
which uses md5, but seems to different than MySQL md5 and PHP md5).

When I try to change a password using Sork I always get an error that an
Incorrect Password was entered.  I have tried all the different types of
encyption listed in backends.php.  I was hoping 'crypt' would work with
the default userdbpw, or one of the md5's would work with userdbpw -md5,
but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Basically, the problem is that I cannot find a compatible way to encypt
passwords that Sork and Courier both support.  Does anyone know about
this? Or had a similar experience, and gave give me some pointers?

Let me know if you need more info,
Thanks,
Lukas.