[sork] Sork Forward Error

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri May 9 18:53:14 PDT 2003

Quoting Bryan H <sork at nvethis.d2g.com>:

> I have the Sork package installed on a RedHat distro, running the latest
> Horde/IMP distro.  When I try and set a vacation notice or forward, I get the
> following error: Failure in setting forward : Server connection failed

Pretty much means what it says: it can't contact the server to set the
forward/vacation.
> noticed that a ftp server was needed

Actually it isn't needed unless that is how you choose to implement it.
Given your comments above, I'd say that in your case it would be needed.

> and I don't think that I have one
> installed and configured.

Install the ftp server from the RedHat distro.  It should be called
wu-ftpd.

> Is that what the problem is?

Most likely.

>  Can someone explain
> me how/which one to install and how to configure it?  Thanks.

Grab the wu-ftpd rpm from the cd-rom or the RedHat site.  Install it.
Enable it with something like: /sbin/chkconfig wu-ftpd on
Then edit your /etc/hosts.allow file and add something like:

in.ftpd: 127.0.0.1 : allow