[sork] Vacation reply interval

Doug Wilson sony7818 at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 22:22:23 PDT 2003

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the helping me with the customization. I
made the change and now the .forward file includes the
-r flag, just like I wanted :)

> This would set it for "-r 2" what ever that means (2
> days?).

Yes, the -r <number> is 'days' according to the my
vacation man page, so "-r 2" is a reasonable choice. I
regularly get people who don't fully read my vacation
message (e.g., my return date) and they end up sending
me urgent requests later in the week. Setting it at a
lower interval like 2 days ensures that they will get
reminded yet again that I'm "still" not around :)

Thanks again for your excellent support.

Doug

--- Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>