[sork] Set up questions

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 2 10:36:14 PDT 2003

Quoting ian turley <ianturley at yahoo.co.uk>:

> I have installed all the components and can access the
> screen ok. The problem is that I do not know how to
> set up the backend.  I am currently using linux that
> holds the passwords in the etc directory.  I have two
> questions/issues:

Standard solution for this setup is to install a poppassd daemon.

> 1. How do I set up the backend file to use this
> password file.

You could do it several ways.  But the usual solution for your situation
would be to setup a poppassd server.  Limit the access to it via tcp_wrappers
to just the web server that runs Horde for best security.  Then configure
passwd to use the poppassd server.

You can find some links to various poppassd servers on the web page at
http://www.horde.org/passwd/

> 2. When I tried to use sql I get an undefined function
> getDriverConfig message in the file sql.php line 41.
> The same problem is in Vpopmail.php file.  The only
> function similar to this is in the horde
> sessionhandler.php file but the passwd base.php file
> does not include this file.

Sounds like you are trying to use the HEAD version of the passwd module
with the RELENG/Release version of Horde maybe?  Make sure you are not
mixing releases that way.