[sork] Re: sork Digest, Vol 239, Issue 1

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 8 17:24:15 PDT 2003

Quoting mconnors at morguefile.com:

> Thanks for the reply Eric, I really appreciate the help. In fact I can't
> change
> the password of a user as root well I telnet into the server (or in to
> poppassd
> for that matter)

Sounds like you need to get that working first before you worry about
the password module.

> The server is configured with enism

I've never heard of that, so I may not be of much help.  Maybe someone else
on the list knows of it.

> so there is a passwd and shadow file for each virtual domain I set up using
> the
> ensim application

Hmmm...  Not sure how you would get poppassd to know which file to change
then, unless it can do it via PAM or something?

> The login does require the domain in thier login so ensim knows
> wich
> site to log them into. eg michael at morguefile.com even though there is only
> one
> site. What do u think?

Well, the site/domain being truncated is probably fairly trivial to fix.
But if your poppassd isn't working (by hand) then it won't work with passwd
no matter what it sends.