[sork] Re: Vacation driverfor gnarwl/ldap

Jeff Seifert seifert at everybody.org
Thu Jun 12 09:56:05 PDT 2003

Christian Schwede <cschwede at delphi-gmbh.de> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> i just hacked a driver for use with gnarwl. gnarwl is a vacation
> utility which gets the infos from an ldap backed, and because i use it
> i created the driver ...
> I'm not a php hacker, so please forgive about the code :-)
>
> Christian

I wonder if this could be generalized a bit to allow any LDAP
interface with a bit of configuration.  I'm probably going to work on
getting vacation support into our Exim/LDAP setup in a few weeks, and
it would be nice to have code which works with that as well.  Perhaps
name the driver simply 'ldap'?  I can work on making the attribute
names configurable so it will work with both gnawrl and other setups
people might have.

I'd recommend changing the attribute 'ldap_server' => 'hostspec' and
'ldap_base' => 'basedn' to be consistent with the attribute names
found for the LDAP drivers in the main Horde module.  Other than that,
it looks good to me.

--
/* A programmer is a machine for turning coffee into code */