[sork] Re: passwd-2.2 lock username

Fred Ho fkho at fredho.net
Sun Jun 22 19:37:18 PDT 2003

Richard,

I am interested at the diff as I am not a strong HTML coder. Thanks.

Regards,
Fred

Quoting Iain Pople <iain at webcentre.unimelb.edu.au>:

> I have been playing around with passwd-2.2 and have sort of got it
> working in a postfix / SQL virtual domain environment. However I don't
> like the fact that a user can edit the username that they are trying to
> change the password for. Is there a way of locking this down?

Originally it was a hidden field, and people complained that they
wanted to be able to change it.  So it was made so it could be changed,
and people complain they didn't want it that way.  So now it is a
configuration option in the CVS HEAD (development) code, but it hasn't
made it into the release version yet.

So, no, you can't change it unless you hack the code.

If you know html at all, it is a simple hack.  Just edit your
passwd/templates/main/main.inc, find the username prompt/field,
remove the prompt, make the field hidden, et voila.

If you need help with the change, let me know and I'll try to make a
diff.