[sork] problems with the passwd module and LDAP

Michael P. Hilty mikeh at trilogygrafx.com
Wed Jul 16 10:10:29 PDT 2003

Hello,
     I am running into some issues with passwd and changing a user's password
in an OpenLDAP directory.
     The directory was built using padl's LDAP migration tools, and serves for
authentication for my application servers.
     The problem is that whenever I try to use the passwd module to change a
password, it keeps giving me an incorrect password error.  Taking a look at the
logs for the OpenLDAP server, it is trying to authenticate the user using the e-
mail address as the uid.
     Is there any way I can change this behavior to lookup the uid as the login
name (without @trilogygrafx.com appended to it), or have it search using the e-
mail address under the mail attribute instead of the uid attribute?

--
Thanks,
Michael P. Hilty
mailto:mikeh at trilogygrafx.com