[sork] Accounts/quota

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:51:07 PDT 2003

Quoting MiikaT <mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi>:

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
> > Use:
> > $homedir = "/dev/Volume00/LogVol00";
> > instead.
>
> With this I actually got a quota result:
>
> Quota 0,00MB used of 0,00MB allowed (0,00%)

Ah, makes perfect sense actually.  Yet another new problem due to
the LVM device names... :)  Had not yet hit this one.

> But the user quota is disabled at this moment, when I enable it:
>
> Disk quotas for user testi (uid 501):
>      Filesystem  blocks   quota   limit   grace   files   quota   limit
> grace
> /dev/Volume00/LogVol00
>                   20388   40000   43000              94       0       0

The problem is, as you can see, that the device name is too long so that
the quota info is being wrapped onto the second line.  Hmmm... How to fix
that...

Maybe change $homedir to match on whitespace seperated digits, ala:

$homedir = "(\w+[0-9\*]+)+";

And then set the grep path to point to "egrep" instead "grep" (e.g.
$conf['server']['params']['grep_path'] = '/bin/egrep';

I've not tested the above, but it *should* work in your case where, IIRC,
you only have quotas on one volume (the above output suggests that is so).