[sork] Re: Passwd module problem - vpopmail + mysql + multiple domains

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 20 12:28:56 PDT 2003

Quoting steven lim <stevenlim99 at hotmail.com>:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Thanks for your prompt reply.

Welcome.

> I still have the same problem even with the following changes to the
> backend.php

I figiured you would have a problem, though maybe a different problem...

>         'socket'     => '/tmp/mysql.sock',
>         'protocol'   => 'tcp',

For 'tcp' you should specify the 'port' and not 'socket'.  For 'unix'
you would specify 'socket' and not 'port'.

> I have tried with both "tcp" and "unix" , error still exist.

First thing to do would be to find out which you need (tcp or unix) so
we can eliminate half the possibilities...

> Are there some other files/configuration that I need to change ?

Yes, maybe.  You may have to check/change your sql configuration in
horde/config/conf.php if you are running CVS HEAD.  Not sure about
other versions, or even what version you are running.

Best to repost your error and all your versions and your current config,
*after* you find out if you need tcp or unix sockets and set things
appropriately.