[sork] 500 Unable to change password

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 30 09:50:27 PDT 2003

Quoting Javier López <jlopez19 at uax.es>:

>  when I try change password give me the error 500 Unable to change password.
>  I'm used password-2.2 with poppassd.
>  Also I do telnet localhost 106 and when I imput the newpass give me the
> same error.

There is a problem with your poppassd setup.  Nothing to do with sork
probably, unless it is a domain name issue that you make both in sork
and on the telnet connection.  That is, maybe your poppassd requires the
fqdn, or maybe it will not work with the fqdn, and if you supply the wrong
version (short or long name) it doesn't work.

> 	500 Unable to change password.
> Connection to localhost closed by foreign host.

Check your system log files.  Hopefully poppassd, pam, or the system is
logging some error that will be useful to diagnose the problem.