[sork] vacation/forward

Jason Lohrenz jmlohren at glmmn.com
Mon Nov 17 12:09:23 PST 2003

Here's the basic info.  If this is something that I can modify the expect
driver to do, I know a lot of hosting companies that use Plesk as their
control panel would like this instead of giving individual users access to
the control panel.

Mail.pl --info <username>@<domain name>

Returns current settings for the user:

Autoresponder: true/false
	Answer text: "I am on Vacation"

Mail.pl --update <username>@<domain name>

Run with any of multiple parameters:

-redirect=true/false (for forwarding)
-rediraddr=" "   (for forwarding)
-autorsp=true/false
-autoname="IMP"
-autostatus=true/false
-autoreq=always
-autosubj=original
-autotext=" "

Examples:

Mail.pl --update jondoe at doe.com -redirect=true
-rediraddr=otheremail at other.com

Will forward all e-mail to jondoe to otheremail

Mail.pl --update jondoe at doe.com -redirect=false

Will disable e-mail forwarding

Mail.pl --update jondoe at doe.com -autorsp=true -autoname="IMP"
-autostatus=true -autoreq=always -autosubj=original -autotext="I'm currently
on Vacation."

Will create an autoresponder for jondoe that will respond with the original
subject message and a test of I'm Currently On Vacation

Mail.pl --update jondoe at doe.com -autorsp=false -autostatus=false

Will disable autpresponding

Does this sound rather simple to implement? If so I'll tackle it myself.  If
not I'd be willing to work with someone on this.

Jason Lohrenz
IT Manager
Great Lakes Eligibility Services