[sork] Re: Vpasswd+vpopmail+mysql many-domains enabled problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 8 07:31:10 PST 2003

Quoting phasma <phasma at softhome.net>:

> I've installed lastest horde+imp+passwd on my system.

Good.

> I've also vpopmail+mysql (with many-domains enabled, so one table is created
> for each domain)

Great.  Then your tables should be all set.

> When I try to change a user passwd, the mechanism doesn't work obviously,

Not obvious to me.

> cause the vpopmail driver require one table ("vpopmail").

No, it does not require one table.  You can configure it to use an table(s)
you want.

> There's a solution for that?

Yes, configure it for the correct tables.

> There's a way to check the right domain' table
> when the module try to connect to mysql?

The backend configuration file is in php.  So you can change the hard coded
name to another name, or to a php variable, or some php script, or what
ever you want.

If your vpopmail tables are named after domains, use php to find the current
domain string, and use that in the configuration file, for example.