[sork] RE: Vpasswd+vpopmail+mysql many-domains enabled problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 8 14:31:03 PST 2003

Quoting phasma <phasma at softhome.net>:

>         'database'   => 'vpopmail',
>         'table'      => '',

Set the table to the table name, in the proper format for the domain.

> Database: vpopmail
> +--------------------+
> |       Tables       |
> +--------------------+
> | try1_org		   |
> | dir_control        |
> | lastauth           |
> | try2_org   	   |
> | try3_com		   |
> | relay              |
> | try4_net	         |
> | valias             |
> | vlog               |
> | try5_org           |
> +--------------------+

Okay, so your tables are try1_org, try2_org, try3_com, try4_net, and try5_org?
If so, I assume those tables correspond to the domains try1.org, try2.org,
try3.com, try4.net, and try5.org?

> As we can see, a table is created for each domain, and in that table we have
> "pw_name" "pw_passwd" and "pw_clear_passwd".

If the above mapping is correct, then you need to map *.* to *_*.  But first
you need to get *.* to start.  If your configuration is such that you login
with a FQDN, then you can use Auth::getAuth() to get user@*.*, and then
from that get *.* and convert it to *_*.  This assumes there will be nothing
else in the domain (e.g. not mail.*.* or www.*.* or similar).

If each domain has its own web address, then you can get the address from
the server name.  This is fairly easy to do.

If neither is set, but you have a realm set in imp, then we can probably
grab the realm from imp.  But if you don't know how to setup passwd, you
probably didn't know how to setup imp this way, so this is *probably* not
the case.

So, basically we need to know how they login so we can try to determine
where to get the realm info from.  Once we have the realm info, we can
convert it to the right format and use it for the table name.