[sork] Accounts Templates

tickticker tickticker at cox.net
Wed Dec 10 12:18:10 PST 2003

(Previously sent with wrong email address)

Hello everyone,

A little background:

Been running horde release with:

turba
kronolith
forwards
passwd
imp (almost all options enabled, including problem report, renamed
techsupport, a real time-saver with those AOL browsers)

getting about 50k hits per day:-)  browse to http://mail.westusa.com/usage
 for actual stats (webalizer)

all release versions for about a year fine and dandy

recently added vacations (release) and my users aren't seeing their changed
messages nor are they being notified that it's already set, however forwards
will show that either vacation or forwards is set (although, of course, it
doesn't distinguish) and my half assed attempt to change things (IANAP),
failed miserably.  While I feel BOFH about the whole thing, i'm getting
complaints.

Hence, Accounts.

Issue, the latest (2.1) accounts on the ftp server does not have a Templates
directory.  I am currently about to copy the 2.01 Templates directory, so I
don't have results for you yet (fingers crossed).

Shouldn't Templates still be in that Tar file?

One other minor issue that probably won't matter to most intelligent people,
 I have to raise the font size for my notifications (ie 'password changed!',
 or 'forwards set') to font size =8  and red so the users notice it,
 otherwise I had upwards of 30 password changing attempts, because they
 didn't see the notification at the top of the screen.  While I may have gone
 overboard with my font size (3 year olds would notice my notifications,
 tested on my daughter), there may be a happy medium.  Anyone else run into
 this?  Granted these are about 1800 real estate agents, and might not have
 the mental capacity of a 3 year old, but still....

Just airing out my laundry.

About to drop cvs of everything on my dev box, looking forward to it.  Can't
wait for the next release cycle of everything.

Props for Chuck, Eric, Jan and the rest of the Horde team.

Anthony