[sork] Vacation Module + from address from default identity

stephen.agar at usm.edu stephen.agar at usm.edu
Fri Dec 12 18:33:48 PST 2003

This may be a ridiculous request, but I would like to modify the vacation
package to use a from address that isnt just username at server. I've found that
if you specify "From: blah at blah" in the Body of your vacation msg, then it will
use that as the from address. I would like to modify
the "/horde/vacation/templates/main/main.inc" file so above the :

<?php echo "Subject: " . _("On vacation message") ?>

line I would like to place something like this:

<?php echo "From: " . Horde::getFormData('from_addr') ?>

so it would use the from_addr that is stored in their default identity profile.
I have seen this function used in imp under identities, and have found that
value(from_addr) in the mysql database. I am NOT a PHP programmer, so could
anyone tell me what i would have to include to make this work, or why this
couldn't work, or security issues..or anything. Like I say, it may not even be
possible.

thank you,
stephen