[sork] vacation, xml-config and realm

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 26 11:08:56 PST 2004

> Indeed. I didn't even notice that the sql configuration is different from
> the other backends and am a bit confused now why this is the case.

We had a lot of demand, including from some of the developers who implemented
some of the code, for support for multiple realms/domains with separate
configurations.  So they would use one module (passwd, forwards, whatever)
with 3 domains, but one domain was (for example) sql based, the second
domain was ldap based, and the third domain was perhaps file system based.
They wanted the one module to handle all three different domains.  The
realm based configuration was what we came up with, for better or for
worse.