[sork] Need to make .forward file perms. 600

Mark Toomey mark at fcs.uga.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:26:44 PST 2004

Lars Hecking wrote:

>>With my very secure Sendmail, it won't forward emails if the permissions
>>are group writeable.
>>

> chmod 644 would be sufficient for this.
>
> Your problem may be that one or more directories in the path to .forward
> is group writeable. This needs to be fixed.

Yes Lars, I know it needs to be fixed, that's why I asked the question.
:-) And yes, 644 would be fine, but is specifically because the .forward
file has group write permissions when created by forwards/sork that is
the stickler.

--
Mark Toomey, Systems & Network Manager
Family & Consumer Sciences, UGA