[sork] sork passwd

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 31 20:08:33 PST 2004

Quoting Mikhail <mikel_jc at yahoo.com>:

> hi,
>
> my passwd is now working. however i want to have a
> separate mail and web server. passwd module is working
> on my mail server.  using a separate web server, im
> always getting this error "failure to connect to sql
> server".
>
> how do i resolve this?

We'd need more info to help you.  Where is the sql database?  What
passwd backend are you using?  Stuff like that.

Most often errors like you have are either configuration problems or
problems connecting due to firewalls, tcp_wrappers, sql access controls,
or sql listing on the wrong type of socket (tcp vs. unix).