[sork] Patch for vacation forwards-driver (.forward-parser)

Espen Jürgensen espen at hhkol.dk
Tue Apr 6 07:23:30 PDT 2004

> No one has yet written a .forward parser that will properly parse all
> the variations of a .forward file in a reliable way.  I've not looked
> at the submitted code yet, so I can't say how well it would work.

> The idea is great, it is just a matter of will it really parse all
.forward
> files correctly?

I suppose you by 'all .forward files' mean only those, which are generated
by Vacation and Forward? I am pretty sure the parser can't handle every
existing kind of .forward file, but there isn't really any particular need
for that.

The parser should be able to handle unrecognisable content in a graceful
way. That means either:

1) Raise a warning about 'Unrecognisable content' and discard it when saving
.forward
2) Save the unrecognisable content in a buffer and save it along with
changes

I'm currently going for 1, but that's only because it's easier.

The parser is certainly pretty simple, but I can't see any way it can do any
harm. It should be a step in the right direction. If there are situations
where it fails please let me know, so I can improve it.

Regards,
Espen