[sork] vacation alias handling

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:19:13 PDT 2004

Quoting "Felipe W Damasio (Elipse Software)" <felipewd at elipse.com.br>:

> 	Vacation isn't handling the user's aliases right. It only answers with
> the message set by the user to the login username.

Are you using a version that supports aliases, and did you supply the
aliases when you set the vacation notice?

> 	Isn't there a way the vacation can check the aliases.db file to look up
> the users' aliases and built its own db using them?

Not all systems use an aliases.db file, not all aliases are in the aliases.db
file, not all aliases.db files are formated the same, it might parse it
wrong and start replying to distribution lists, etc.

Seems risky at best to rely on this.  Wouldn't work for me, as some of my
aliases are in

> 	FWIW, I'm using Vacation 2.2.1.

I think that version supports aliases, but I'm not sure.  Did you specify
them when setting the vacation notice?  Did you check to see if they got
saved correctly in your .forward-file/database/whatever?