[sork] Patch - passwd - LDAP Driver improvements for Active Directory interoperability

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 3 01:21:28 PDT 2004

Zitat von LRM <lrm at ionline.com.br>:

> HEAD - Heres a small patch that adds some features to the original passwd
> LDAP driver, looking for improvements on the Active Directory
> interoperability.
>

> New attribute 'sslhost' for secure connections to the LDAP Server (must be
> used url here, "ldaps://localhost/", because of certificate issues).
>
> New function _sslconnect, used only when parameter 'sslhost' is present.

As _sslconnect is actually almost identically to _connect, it would make
more sense to me to use a boolean 'ssl' parameter and prefix the original
host with ldaps:/ in _connect, if set.

> _lookupdn now tries to connect as the current logged user first, then as
> guest if it fails.
>
> changePassword now also tries to connect using the realm parameter to login
> as the current user on AD.

Can someone using the plain LDAP driver please verify that this patch
doesn't break anything there?

> Needed this when trying to change users passwords from passwd Horde
> application on Active Directory domain.

Thanks for the patch, before submitting a new version, please review the
indentation in your added code.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens