[sork] Problem with passwd and mysql when the password is crypt

Kai Riasol Gonzalez exim at riasol.de
Tue May 18 13:48:03 PDT 2004

Hi

i have runnig horde 2.2.5 with imp 3.2.3, turba 1.2.2 and passwd 2.2.1 . I have install all from the
tarballs from ftp.horde.org. the horde with the imp and turba works. my problem is the passwd. i
have configure in the backends.php following thing

$backends['sql'] = array (
    'name' => 'Horde Authentication',
    'preferred' => '',
    'password policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 3,
        'maxLength' => 8,
        'maxSpace' => 0,
        'minUpper' => 1,
        'minLower' => 1,
        'minNumeric' => 1
    ),
    'driver' => 'sql',
    'params' => array(
        'phptype'    => 'mysql',
        'hostspec'   => 'localhost',
        'username'   => 'horde',
        'password'   => '********',
        'encryption' => 'crypt',
        'database'   => 'maildb',
        'table'      => 'users',
        'user_col'   => 'id',
        'pass_col'   => 'crypt'
    )
);

in the mysql.log i see that the passwd application connect to the mysql
59132 Init DB     maildb
59132 Query       SELECT crypt FROM users WHERE id = 'kai.riasol at media-lights.de'

but in the webrowser i see this.

Warning: Undefined index: protocol in /usr/local/www/horde/passwd/lib/Driver/sql.php on line 53
Failure in changing password : Incorrect Password

the passwords in the mysql are crypt with 'crypt' .

what i my failure?

thx

kai