[sork] sork uninstallation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue May 25 18:29:02 PDT 2004

Quoting Hugo Lai <hlai at EDOW.ORG>:

> I'm really having 2 problems here. First of all, the sork module is not
> working well in my Plesk 7.0.1 platform. Whenever I try to do vacation
> notices and forwarding, I would need to supply a password, but then my
> password wouldn't work.

This is probably just a configuration issue.

> I come to realize the mail users do not have FTP
> access and someone sork needs users to mail users to have FTP access in
> order to get it to work.

No, it doesn't require ftp access.  It can be used with other  backends
instead.

> ( I manage to get this information from Plesk,
> but I'm not sure if I'm right on this.) Anyhow, does anybody has the
> same problem as I do?

I don't use Plesk, so I can't say. But you simply need to know how plesk
handles things like forwards and vacations, and then configure it
appropriately.

> Second of all, I would like to uninstall sork if it doesn't work for me.
> Would someone be kind enough to give me some guideline on how to perform
> this action? Many thanks!

Delete the directories for the installed apps (vacation, forwards, etc).
Remove any changes to horde/config/registry.php.  Done.