[sork] Failure in modifying vacation notice: Can't parse your email address

Greg Skinner gskinner at ycp.edu
Fri May 28 08:05:50 PDT 2004

Hello,

I've recently updated my webmail server to current stable releases:

Horde: 2.2.5
IMP: 3.2.3
Turba: 1.2.2
Forwards: 2.2.1
Vacation: 2.2.1

Most of these were minor upgrades, I had previously had Horde 2.2.3, Turba 1.2,
forwards 2.2, vacation 2.2.

Along with the upgrades I redid apache and php.
Apache is now 2.0.49 (config statement "./configure --enable-so --prefix=/web
--enable-ssl=/usr/local/ssl")
PHP is now 4.3.6 (config statement "./configure --with-apxs2=/web/bin/apxs
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-mysql --with-mcrypt=/usr/local/lib
--with-mhash --with-gettext --with-xml=/usr/local
--with-imap=/tmp/webmail/imap-2002e --with-zlib --with-ldap
--with-dom=/usr/local --with-mysql-sock=/tmp/mysql.sock --enable-ftp
--with-imap=/work/imap-2002e  --enable-inline-optimization --disable-debug
--bindir=/usr/local/bin")

Ok, now to the problem I am having. When I attempt as a user to use the
vacations feature, i receive the following error, "Failure in modifying
vacation notice: Can't parse your email address".
I am using the unix vacation as the backbone to this in /usr/bin/vacation.

Furthermore, I kept my old horde versions, and just moved them to a backup area
on the webserver. The previously working forwards 2.2 does not work either,
resulting in the same error)

So something happened most likely out of horde to cause this issue, maybe with
the php or apache new versions...

I'd appreciate any help that you could give me.  I've tried to give you as much
info as possible, but let me know if you need anything more!

Thanks in advance for the help
Greg

Greg Skinner
Programmer/Support Analyst