[sork] help me please!

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 6 11:59:33 PDT 2004

Quoting "Angelica Ma Escobar B." <angeles at ibc-solutions.com>:

> ps -ef |grep poppassd, but I don't have nothing

It may not be running as a daemon, but could run from inetd/xinetd or
similar.

> do I have to have some deamon like poppassd in mi /etc/init.d??

You need a daemon running, or a way to launch it such as inetd/xinetd.

> in other hands, wich is the port that has to be open??

106 tcp

> I tried iptables -F but nothing..

You may not need it if you run it over localhost and your iptables allows
all localhost connections.  But you will need to put it in your tcp wrappers
(e.g. hosts.allow) setup if you run tcp wrappers.  Mine (over localhost or
loopback interface) looks like this:

poppassd : 127.0.0.1 : allow

> thanks for your help
>
> Angelica!

If you post your OS version, maybe we could provide more specific information
to help.