[sork] Expect script error: "no more ptys"?

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Thu Jul 15 09:30:32 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Wouter de Jong wrote:

WdJ> Did you try an 'strace' (or 'truss' on *BSD)  when executing the expect-script?
WdJ> And when executing the command directly ?
WdJ>
WdJ> Try looking for permission denied, etc...

	I haven't tried strace yet - that's something I haven't used
before so I have to check the docs.
	BUTL I did restore this box (running RH9.0) with Symantec Ghost
recently and I'm wondering if the devs got screwy that way somehow.
	Interestingly, when I alter the passwd-expect script to "exec"
ssh as opposed to "spawn" I do get some permission denied errors, but they
are from SSH at the target server.
	When "spawn"-ing SSH never even touches the target.
	More on this after some experimenting on my part...

--

Brett Charbeneau, Network Administrator         Tel: 757-259-7750
Williamsburg Regional Library                   FAX: 757-259-7798
7770 Croaker Road                               brett at wrl.org
Williamsburg, VA 23188-7064                     http://www.wrl.org