[sork] passwd and vpopmail with mysql backend

Mauricio Etcheverry mauricio at elmaster.com
Wed Aug 4 12:49:21 PDT 2004

Hi,

  My name is Mauricio Etcheverry, i'm new around here and new to horde.

  Im ussing  horde-2.2.5 with imp-3.2.5 and passwd-2.2.1. I've noticed
that passwd fails to update mail user password thru the vpopmail backend
when it's using one table for each virtual domain (vpopmail compiled
with --disable-many-domains, recommendable when having a lot of domains
with a lot of users). Thats because passwd assumes that vpopmail is
storing many domains in one table which isn't the case. Also it's ussing
an encryption with too short salt, vpopmail uses 12 bytes salt. I just
want to know if somebody is working on this or it's fixed on CVS
version. I already fixed it working on /lib/Driver.php
/lib/Drivers/vpopmail.php and /conf/backends.php and would like to help.

Thanks,

Mauricio Etcheverry.
mauricio at elmaster.com
http://www.elmaster.com