[sork] Writing drivers for Vacation/Forwards

Alan W. Rateliff, II lists at rateliff.net
Tue Aug 10 08:47:27 PDT 2004

Post.Office is an old MTA for Windows.  Software.com produced it when I
first administered it as a mail system, but after the merger with Phone.com
to become OpenWave, it was discontinued.  Somewhere along the line another
company, Tenon, purchased the Mac version and is still producing it.

It's a pretty stable mail server, though a tad heavy on the CPU at times.
It also doesn't have very flexible (or robust) features for spam blocking,
and only supports POP3.  I overcome the spam issues by having a Sendmail
server in front of it, and POP3 isn't that big of a deal for most clients,
especially when using Horde.

OpenWave Post.Office Support
https://support.openwave.com/post_office.html

Tenon Intersystem Post.Office
http://www.tenon.com/products/post_office/

> Definitely write them for Horde 3/HEAD. Drivers can always be
> backported, but we
> just don't have the time/resources to take code submitted for
> old versions and
> forward-port them to ensure that they make it into the
> mainline releases.

You got it.  I will have a look at the Horde 3 API as well as some of the
drivers already written.  Once things have settled down next week I will
have time to start plugging away at the module.

--
       Alan W. Rateliff, II        :       RATELIFF.NET
 Independent Technology Consultant :    alan2 at rateliff.net
      (Office) 850/350-0260        :  (Mobile) 850/559-0100