[sork] passwd and vpopmail with mysql backend]

Mauricio Etcheverry mauricio at elmaster.com
Thu Aug 12 10:10:19 PDT 2004

After reading the CVS HEAD code i noticed it can handle it. The new
'encryption' type crypt-md5 is the one used by Vpopmail.

So, for vpopmail compiled with --disable-many-domains, and mysql
backend, the setup in backends.php should be as follows:

show_encryption set to false,
table set to domain name table,
and encryption set to crypt-md5.

The theory says it should work, but im still not using the CVS version,
because I've already fixed my passwd stable version. When i move to CVS
or next release, if something strange happens i'll tell you.

Thanks.

Mauricio Etcheverry.
http://www.elmaster.com