[sork] passwd and confixx

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 3 09:03:54 PDT 2004

Quoting RDG GmbH Webservices <webservices at rdg-gmbh.de>:

> I am using the passwd module and it is running fine changing passwords just
> as I wanted it to do.

Good.

> But my problem is, that I am using confixx as well on my server. Confixx is
> keeping it's information about pop3 passwords and users in a mysql table.
> Now everytime I create a new email account with confixx, all other passwords
> from all accounts get set back to what is stored in this mysql table.

Sounds like they all should be using the sql backend then, but I could very
well be wrong about that.

> Now the solutions seems easy: Adjust the passwd code and insert a sql query
> that updates the confixx table with the new password entered in the passwd
> module.

You want to use an existing sql backend for this.  If your other passwd
update isn't via sql, then you want to use a composite driver that invokes
both for you.  I really can't remember if we ever implemented a composite
driver in passwd, but I think we did at least in CVS HEAD...

> The problem is I don't know where to put this query, because passwords need
> to be stored encrypted in the table and I only want to alter the table if
> the password has succesfully been changed by passwd!

See above.